Pages - Menu

Jun 28, 2013

"Mail Art: Cats!" Swap

0
I wasn't particularly interested in doing this swap as, to be honest, I'm quite fed up with all the "catness" that Swap-bot is contaminated with, but then again, once I stumbled upon it, I couldn't really continue browsing through the website as if I hadn't noticed it :) I thought my swap-partner was a nice lady and when it comes to cats, my imagination just starts pouring out of nowhere, so I opted for a small package rather than a flat mail item. Sometimes I just feel like going all out, but almost never when it's an obligation (Type 3 swap).

Here's what I cobbled together for the creative part of this swap:





I used pink washi tape, black fabric tape with polka dots, some deco tape with cat images, Staedtler permanent Lumocolor (fine black), random cat stickers, silver sharpie and a cut-out from a booklet advertizing the "Lion King" musical. I used cardboard as a firm base. Cha-chan! Perfectly kitschy, as I like it! :) It was a subconscious tribute to my little Nietzsche, who has the attitude of a lion and the agility and grace of an extremely hairy hippo. That's an exaggeration, but the poor thing is quite clumsy, although adventure-thirsty.

That's what finally went on a postal journey:



The snacks I added for the recipient's cats are very popular with the feline part of my household. As for me, I can't really see the difference between random cat food that they get every day and these crackers, but I guess the cat DJ image only appeals to the target audience, hahaha :D

Goodbye, packagey!


 

My swap partner seemed to be delighted by what she received, and I had a great time shopping/ crafting. Yay for both of us.


I also received a great envie from my partner, and the goodies she sent were truly exceptional. Inside the envie I found some stickers she had made herself and she sells these and many other designs on her etsy shop. Check out her work! 

Letters Mingle Souls






Super cute, isn't it?
Now go take a look at your pet, realize once again it's the greatest pet in the world, get inspired and spread your love via mail art!


No comments:

Post a Comment