Pages - Menu

Jul 21, 2013

Postcard week #28, 2013

0
This week has been insignificant in terms of quantity, but among those few postcards that I got, there is one of my all-time favorites an another one is a postcard from India, which is still a quite rare country on Postcrossing.

From The Netherlands via Postcrossing

This postcrosser was extremely considerate. She had seen the other postcard of this two-card series that I had in my collection, so she decided to help me complete it. Thank you, Marloes!

From India via Postcrossing
Little Egret (Egretta garzetta)

From U.S.A. via Postcrossing
Broaded Chinoiserie sheer gown, Jeanne Paquin, 1925 by Tom Tierney

This American postcrosser not only sent me a gorgeous card, but she also chose me as one of the  lucky persons she sometimes sends extras to. I got a handmade envie with this postcard and many great stickers! She just wanted to share them and brighten my day. Well, she certainly did! It's my first time "getting RAKed*", and I must say it's truly heartwarming :)
*RAK - Random Act of Kindness


From Belarus via Postcrossing
Red deer (Cervus elaphus)

And now, drrrruuummmmmmrollllll --- 

From the United Kingdom via Postcrossing

---- here it is, in all its glory. The drawn map card of Cornwall. I've always wanted to have it, since I'm interested in Celtic heritage, lands and customs. And I didn't even have to arrange a private swap or anything. Once again, it was pure kindness of a member of the Postcrossing community. I cannot thank her enough!



As for the stamps, I especially liked the ones of the prominent people of India (Dr. B. R. Ambedkar and I. Ghandi) and the famous Dutch cabaretiers J-L. Pisuisse and E. Jacobs.

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment